Laboratoires Réunis (LR) is the largest independent private laboratory for medical analyses in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg. The headquarters are located in Junglinster where all the analyses are carried out to international quality standards. It was the first laboratory for medical analysis in Luxembourg to be ISO 15189 accredited and it has been distinguished with the national Quality Award labelled “Sur la Voie de l’Excellence”.
The activities of LR cover almost the entire domain of clinical biology and microbiology. A part of its activities are focused on applied research, especially in the domains of genetics, microbiology and infectious diseases. LR also carries out special analyses in the field of preventive medicine and of chronic functional diseases. LR gets samples from all over the world.
Products & Services
Laboratoires Réunis has developed a nationwide network of 50 blood withdrawal centres. Blood withdrawal services are also offered at home and in companies. Molecular diagnostics of infectious diseases — LR provides a large catalogue of analyses based on multiplexed Real-Time-PCR and development of new diagnostic assays in cooperation with Fast-track Diagnostics (FTD) Luxembourg.
Preventive genetic tests — to improve health in terms of nutrition, lifestyle and treatment.
- detection and identification of fungi and mould (which have an environmental impact) in the surroundings of the patient (in collaboration with the Association Luxembourgeoise de Médecine de l’Environnement (ALMEN) and the Luxembourg Ministry of Health);
- genetic profiling of the individual detoxification capacities;
- stool flora scan (SFS); comprehensive assessment of the gut ecology and immunity;
- imuPro; identification of type III food intolerances;
- MELISA; identification of heavy metal allergies;
- assessment of oxidative stress and antioxidative capacities of the human body.
Major health sciences and technologies projects
International cooperation in preventive medicine with healthcare practitioners, laboratory testing services, distributors and medical spas. Collaboration for clinical studies with international in-vitro-diagnostic companies.
Laboratoires Réunis actively contributes to applied research on clinical studies in the field of microbiology in collaboration with the universities in Frankfurt and Glasgow, as well as on genetic research in collaboration with the University of Homburg-Saar.
Technical / technological capabilities
- Fully automated analysis of most routine parameters;
- clinical chemistry, hematology, hemostasis, immunology, microbiology, virology, etc.;
- real-time PCR;
- multiplexed PCR;
- mass spectrometry.
Technical means / equipment
Analytical chain for clinical routine analysis.
Main customers / collaborations
- National & international health care providers´;
- Laboratoire National de Santé;
- Laboratoire Luxembourgeois de Contrôle Sanitaire (LLuCS);
- Ministry of Health;
- Luxembourg Institute of Health (LIH);
- Deutsches Zentrum für Individualisierte Prävention und Leistungsverbesserung (DZIP);
- Advanced Biological Laboratories (ABL).