e-Xstream engineering, an MSC Software Company, is a leading global software and engineering services company, 100% focused on state-of-the-art modelling of advanced composite materials and structures to help material suppliers and end users across the industries design and manufacture optimal composite products time and cost efficiently.
Products and services
Digimat, the Material Modelling Solution developed at e-Xstream, is a unique, unified and integrated composites simulation tool, available on the market today, offering complete capabilities to model the nonlinear multi-scale behavior of advanced materials.
- Digimat-MF: Mean-Field homogenisation software to predict the nonlinear constitutive behavior of multi-phase material
- Digimat-FE:Finite Element modelling of realistic Representative Volume Elements (RVE) of material microstructures
- Digimat-MX:Material eXchange platform to reverse engineer, store, retrieve and securely exchange DIGIMAT material models between material experts and end users
- Digimat-CAE:Interfaces to all major injection molding and structural FEA software codes
- Digimat-MAP:Shell and 3D mapping software to transfer fibre orientation, residual stresses, temperatures and weld lines from injection molding simulation onto a structural FEA mesh
- Digimat-HC:User-friendly solution for the design of honeycomb core composite sandwich panels based on FE analyses to compute bending and shear scenarios
- Digimat-VA:Tools dedicated to the automatic generation of Composites Structures Allowable Values including Progressive Failure Modelling
e-Xstream also provides engineering consulting services to address any needs in accurately predicting the micro-mechanical behaviour of composite materials and parts.
- Material engineering: through the micromechanical modelling approach implemented in Digimat-MF, Digimat-FE and Digimat-MX to predict the nonlinear, anisotropic, rate-dependent behaviour of complex multi-phase composite materials
- Structural engineering: through the coupling of Digimat material models with commercial CAE codes (injection moulding, drapage, structural FEA, etc.) in Digimat-CAE and Digimat-MAP to accurately predict the behaviour of composite structures taking into account the influence of process simulation
Digimat is used to study the thermo-mechanical behaviour of material lab samples and predict the influence of the material microstructure on the product end-performances. Through partnerships with the aerospace sector, e-Xstream has developed the appropriate tools and extensive know-how for modelling materials typically involved in lightweight aerospace composite structures.
Digimat addresses composite material suppliers and end user’s needs to:
- design innovative and optimal composites materials and structures
- reduce the associated development time and costs
- bring to market innovative and higher quality products
- lightweight parts to reduce induced gas emissions and raw material consumption
- lower the number of prototypes and material testings
- leverage the exceptional properties of composite materials; stiffness to weight ratio, design freedom…
Confidential. A list can be provided upon request.
Major space projects
- Prediction of the thermo-elastic strength properties of tri-axial composite materials
- Multi-Scale Modelling of Advanced 3D Composite Materials for Ultra-Light Antenna Application
- APC, aiming at improving conception of aerospace structure through the use of composite materials
- VirtualComp, aiming at developing powerful and robust modeling tools for complex industrial composite structures using continuous fibre
Print this page Send by email
Dr Roger Assaker