GRADEL is your partner for the development of special machines for mechanical and electromechanical solutions. Our team will develop optimised solutions by using 3D CAD (e.g. Solidworks) and FEM simulations working together with a well-equipped workshop.
In the Space domain, our contribution is in mechanical engineering and manufacturing, including Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE).
Products and services
- Multipurpose Trolley for Satellites
- Hoisting Devices for Horizontal and Vertical Lifting of Satellites
- Automatized 0g supports for Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration and Test of Satellites
- Equipment for Antenna test facilities
- Demanding mechanical parts for small Satellites
- Feasibility study
- Turn key solutions
- Automation of all kind of existing equipment
- Concept, manufacturing and testing of prototypes
- Static and dynamic FEM strength calculations
- Free quotation on request
- Turning and Milling machines with 3, 4 and 5 axis
- Laser and EDM cutting
- High Tech Welding (Laser and Electro Magnetic Pulse Welding)
- Materials: Stainless steel, Aluminium, Titanium, Plastics, Composite, etc.
- Cranes: up to 10 tons
ESA, OHB SE, Airbus D&S, Thales Alenia Space, LuxSpace
Major space projects
Mechanical Ground Support Equipment
Fully developed by GRADEL and produced at GRADEL.
Multipurpose Trolleys (SGEO, EDRS)
Main element of the Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE) to rotate, tilt and transport the satellite or its components inside different clean room facilities. Can be easily transported with additional hoisting devices inside a modified 40” Container between different facilities.All operations can be done either manually or electrically.
Vertical and Horizontal Hoisting Devices and Hoisting Device (SGEO, EXOMARS)
Devices for balanced lifting of the satellite inside different clean rooms. Balancing can be easily remotely performed in all axis at all stages of lifting. Devices can be transported on top of the other (Photo 2 shows Vertical Hoisting Device with mass dummy of Satellite provided by OHB system). Digital indication for balancing.
Integration Stands (SGEO, EXOMARS, SOLAR ORBITER, MTG)
For Integration with special features also in aluminum, ATEX compliant, modular build-up.
0g Devices (SGEO, ESTEC test facility)
- Antenna tests inside CATR test facilities
- Automised overhead cranes
Mechanical parts for small satellites
Production and consulting during development of mechanical parts of different small satellites projects, including among others thin walled housing elements (wall thickness of 1mm) (cf. photo 4), deployable antennas and interface rings.
Total: €12 M
Total: €5 M
R&D internal investments 2012