IEE is a global leader in automotive safety sensing systems for occupant detection and classification with products such as OC™, BodySense™, Seat Belt Reminders and Protecto™, enhancing safety in vehicles produced by major car manufacturers worldwide.
IEE’s Tailgate Detector, People Counter and Volumetric Object Surveillor are implemented in public and commercial infrastructure to enhance building security and automation. These solutions are based on the company’s innovative 3D MLI Sensor™ technology.
IEE’s sensing systems are dedicated to the following markets: Transportation & Automotive, Public & Commercial Infrastructure, Consumer, and Medical & Healthcare.
Products & services
- Seat Belt Reminder (SBR);
- Occupant Classification (OC™);
- Driver Presence Detection (DPD);
- Customised HMI;
People and object sensing for building management and security:
- People Counter;
- Tailgate Detector TDflex™;
- Volumetric Object Surveillor.
Major Materials & Manufacturing projects
- Wearable, wireless-connected, ventilation monitoring system and method for performance assessment and for supporting the rehabilitation of breathing impaired patients;
- wearable, wireless-connected, sensing system for smart orthotics (check of the regular usage combined to the tracking of the patient activity);
- wearable, wireless-connected foot pressure monitoring system for rehabilitation and prevention purposes (diabetes foot complications, orthopaedic and podiatry diagnosis, fall detection, etc.);
- optical technology for remote vital signs monitoring and drowsiness assessment.
Technical / technological capabilities
- Customer programme engineering and support;
- electronics development;
- material development;
- semiconductor development;
- algorithmics & embedded software development;
- development of optical systems;
- simulation-based development (virtual engineering);
- a full-scale product testing laboratory.
- Dynamic Mechanical Analyser (DMA);
- Thermo-Gravimetric Analyser (TGA) that includes mass spectrometer (MS) coupling;
- Differential Scanning Calorimeter (DSC);
- Fourrier-Transform Infrared Spectrometer (FTIR);
- Universal Material Test System that covers temperatures from -150°C to +250°C;
- Optical and Mechanical Surface Analyser;
- Climatic / Environmental testing;
- EMC testing.
Main customers / collaborations
Aéroports de Paris, Alfa Romeo, American Access Control, Audi, Bang & Olufsen, Bentley, BMW, BOSE, Cadillac, Chrysler, Delphi, Faurecia, Ferrari, Fiat, Ford, General Electrics, GM, Great Wall, Hyundai, Jaguar, Land Rover, Magna, Maserati, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi Motors, Motorola, Nissan, Opel, Pininfarina, Porsche, PSA, Recaro, Renault, Rolls-Royce, Saab, Samsung, Scenetap, Seat, Siemens Building Technologies, Skoda, Suzuki, Tachi-S, TATA, Toyota, Valeo, Vauxhall, Volkswagen, Volvo.
Print this page Send by email