Core businessBlue Horizon is a start-up founded in 2017 by OHB SE, one of the three leading space companies in Europe. The company’s core competences are life sciences, system engineering and bioprocess engineering. The team formerly belonged to the life sciences team of OHB System AG in Bremen. Since the whole team has moved from OHB System AG to Blue Horizon SaRL, the knowledge and experience gained over the past years has been transferred completely.
Products & servicesBlue Horizon is developing products and services for space and for Earth, taking advantage of the heritage of OHB’s life science research activities over the last two decades.
- Closed loop systems, habitats
- Pharmaceutical, biological and medical research in space environments
- Environmental monitoring, toxicity tests and risk assessment
- Microorganism-mineral interactions for reversing desertification, bio-mining, soil remediation, etc.
Major Space Catalogue projectsAvailable upon request
Technical / technological capabilities
- In-house development, management and storage of small-to-medium scale bio-reactors
- System engineering for industrial up-scaling of bioreactors
- Bioprocess engineering
Print this page Send by email