Core businesse-Xstream engineering, an MSC Software Company, is a leading global software and engineering services company, fully focused on state-of-the-art modelling of advanced composite materials and structures. It helps material suppliers and end-users across the industries to design and manufacture optimal composite products time and cost efficiently.
Products & servicesDigimat, the Material Modelling Platform developed by e-Xstream, is a unique, unified and integrated composites simulation tool, available on the market today. It offers complete capabilities to model the nonlinear multi-scale behavior of advanced materials.
- Digimat-MF: Mean-Field homogenisation software to predict the nonlinear constitutive behavior of multi-phase material
- Digimat-FE: Finite Element modelling of realistic Representative Volume Elements (RVE) of material microstructures
- Digimat-MX: Material eXchange platform to reverse engineer, store, retrieve and securely exchange Digimat material models between material experts and end users
- Digimat-CAE: Interfaces to all major injection molding and structural FEA software codes
- Digimat-MAP: Shell and 3D mapping software to transfer fibre orientation, residual stresses, temperatures and weld lines from injection molding simulation onto a structural FEA mesh
- Digimat-HC: User-friendly solution for the design of honeycomb core composite sandwich panels based on FE analyses to compute bending and shear scenarios
- Digimat-VA: Tools dedicated to the automatic generation of Composites Structures Allowable Values including Progressive Failure Modelling
- Digimat-AM: An efficient process simulation solution to optimize the additive manufacturing of polymer parts
e-Xstream also provides engineering consulting services to address any needs in accurately predicting the micro-mechanical behavior of composite materials and parts.
Major Space Catalogue projects
- CompoSelector : Multi-scale Composite Material Selection Platform with a Seamless Integration of Materials Models and Multidisciplinary Design Framework
- PSIDESC: Predictive Simulation of Defects in Structural Composites
- EXTREME Dynamic Loading - Pushing the Boundaries of Aerospace Composite Material Structures
- Prediction of the thermo-elastic strength properties of tri-axial composite materials
- Multi-Scale Modelling of Advanced 3D Composite Materials for Ultra-Light Antenna Application
- APC, aiming at improving conception of aerospace structure through the use of composite materials
- VirtualComp, aiming at developing powerful and robust modeling tools for complex industrial composite structures using continuous fiber
Technical / technological capabilitiesDigimat allows:
- Material engineering: through the micromechanical modelling approach implemented in Digimat-MF, Digimat-FE and Digimat-MX to predict the nonlinear, anisotropic, rate-dependent behavior of complex multi-phase composite materials
- Structural engineering: through the coupling of Digimat material models with commercial CAE codes (injection moulding, drapage, structural FEA, etc.) in Digimat-CAE and Digimat-MAP to accurately predict the behavior of composite structures taking into account the influence of process simulation
- Process Simulation: Digimat provides process simulation solutions for the additive manufacturing of polymers. It helps process engineers to anticipate manufacturing issues and optimize part quality (ex: minimize warpage and residual stresses) by predicting the relative influence of the various process parameters.
Digimat is used to study the thermo-mechanical behaviour of material lab samples and predict the influence of the material microstructure on the product end-performances. Through partnerships with the aerospace sector, e-Xstream has developed the appropriate tools and extensive know-how for modelling materials typically involved in lightweight aerospace composite structures.
Digimat addresses composite material suppliers and end-user’s needs to:
- design innovative and optimal composites materials and structures
- reduce the associated development time and costs
- bring to market innovative and higher quality products
- lightweight parts to reduce induced gas emissions and raw material consumption
- lower the number of prototypes and material testings
- leverage the exceptional properties of composite materials; stiffness to weight ratio, design freedom…
Main customers / collaborationsConfidential. A list can be provided upon request.
Print this page Send by email