The cluster is strengthening the sector by supporting the various companies and organisations and building it up to a critical threshold so that the members can participate, compete and win in international markets, most notably other automotive sectors in Europe.
The Luxembourg AutoMobility Cluster, supports various automotive component and services suppliers with the goal of creating and developing new, sustainable business opportunities through collaborative R&D and innovation projects, sectoral competence mapping, operational excellence, training and education, and business development. The cluster’s programme, encompassing regular networking events, themed conferences, workshops and trade missions, is currently designed around the following five focus areas:
- An important activity in this sector is the development of the Automotive Campus project, an industrial site located in Bissen, the future “Luxembourg Automotive Campus” will be specialised in automotive components R&D, offering synergy potential in testing and validation, prototyping, warehousing, training and education. The campus will actively push technology exchange and open innovation. The project includes plans for shared infrastructure, such as research labs and buildings, conference rooms, catering areas and exhibition spaces;
In centralising these R&D activities, the Luxembourg Automotive Campus will provide professional automotive equipment and service providers with new tools and infrastructure, enabling them to remain dynamic – and thus also innovative and competitive – in a market in constant evolution. With the eventual capacity to accommodate 4,000 employees, the campus will be the future shop front of the sector and will make of Luxembourg, more than ever, a destination of choice for automotive suppliers.”
- Competence mapping & competence creation, helping the AutoMobility Cluster members to survive and grow in one of the most challenging technology markets;
- Operational excellence, exchange of best practice in manufacturing and product development (processes, efficiency improvement, quality improvement), purchasing and logistics;
- Training, education and recruitment, to further improve the quality and flexibility of the most precious asset of the AutoMobility Cluster: human resources
- Business development,aimed at “easy” access into the European Automotive market, also for non-European investors; to improve international visibility of Luxembourg as automotive competence centre.
Are you interested in Luxembourg?
Each cluster within the Luxembourg Cluster initiative provides foreign companies that are interested in locating some or all of their activities in Luxembourg with information about their relevent sector. We can advise you on available support measures, assist you in identifying suitable premises and put you in touch with relevant collaboration partners to set up your activities in Luxembourg.