As a meeting point for innovative regional actors, whether private or public, companies or research centres, the Wood Cluster brings together expertise in the field of wood processing and wood treatment in Luxembourg and enables experience sharing inside the country and in the Greater Region.
The Luxembourg Wood Cluster is one of the most recent clusters managed by Luxinnovation. It was set up in 2016 as a platform for exchange between all players in the wood sector, spanning from wood production to the end consumers of wood products.
Building of the proximity of its members, the cluster energises the sector and fosters the establishment of partnerships and joint projects. The main objectives are:
- Optimise the market release and the use of wood resources
- Create and enhance regional wood product chains
- Support and diversify the wood processing sector
- Promote the use of wood in construction
- Support initial and vocational training
- Stimulate product and process innovation
Related to the objectives, the Wood Cluster offers following Services:
- General promotion of the wood sector
- Organisation of networking events for members such as “Meet a member”
- Organisation of conferences and thematic visits
- Management of technical working groups around the themes of wood production, processing and use
- Search and analysis of innovative projects
- Identification and management of strategic flagship projects
- Technology watch at national and international level
- Support to wood sector SMEs and start-ups
Are you interested in Luxembourg?
Each cluster within the Luxembourg Cluster initiative provides foreign companies that are interested in locating some or all of their activities in Luxembourg with information about their relevent sector. We can advise you on available support measures, assist you in identifying suitable premises and put you in touch with relevant collaboration partners to set up your activities in Luxembourg.