ioTech Studios Luxembourg (ioTech) is a company of the Slightly Mad Studios Group (SMS). Slightly Mad Studios is an independent video game company headquartered in London, UK.
SMS’ critically acclaimed gaming titles include Project CARS, Need For Speed SHIFT, and Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends.
ioTech’s mission is to develop new markets for the SMS proprietary MADNESS Engine (MADNESS) and to turn it into a marketable high-end simulation software.
Building upon existing SMS resources and capabilities combined with additional product centric departments powered by our Luxembourg offices, our aim is to fully partake in our customers’ product development cycle.
True to our DNA, our high-end simulation software has already attracted number of major automotive OEMs and suppliers. Moreover, our technology is built on a modular and scalable basis, which allows for expansion in many other sectors.
Products & services
– Engineering and technical consultancy
– Simulation tools and SWs solutions for the simulation of entire vehicles or just sub-components (e.g. multibody car model or Tyre model)
– Development (design, build and operate) of driving simulator installations including both the Hardware and Software.
– Graphical Engine SW solution for driving simulation, design visualisation and digital retail solutions and applications, with VR ready capabilities and 2D complex surface projection (e.g. immersive domes), including real time projections compensation for the driver point of view position.
– Virtual sensors modules for the development of autonomous driving systems or active/semi-active driver assistance systems
– AI Traffic simulator for complex driving scenarios to be used inside the graphical engine
– Complex urban scenarios modelling based on our proprietary graphical engine.
Major AutoMobility projects
Project CARS 2: BUILT BY DRIVERS: Chris Goodwin & McLaren 720S
Technical / technological capabilities
MADNESS Engine has been developed over the past decade by some of the most talented people in the games industry with the programming team averaging approximately 20 years of professional game development experience each.
MADNESS has been written with multi-core/processor architecture in mind. It is a cross-platform engine and development framework with a reputation for high performance and industry leading VR visuals and physics.
The engine has been developed with an abstract approach which offers programmers and designers the possibility to gain in efficiency and create platform agnostic content from day one. MADNESS’ modular structure also allows it to be configured in a variety of ways to suit each project’s requirements.
The ability to break down items such as render jobs and physics iteration steps into smaller chunks means that they can be balanced across threads efficiently with very little CPU idle time.
Print this page Send by email